Monday 27 May 2013

The Tachy-Yawn

Hmm...
Having a weird thing at the moment.

The last few days, I've been plagued by an oddity. Normally when I have a tachycardic incident, it begins...well, in the chest, with a kind of catherine wheely feeling, which then escalates into a rapid heartbeat, which I have to lay down and stick my feet up to stop.

For the last few days, I've been having a different thing - if I turn my head suddenly...or yawn...or hiccup...I get a sudden rapid heartbeat that instantly slows down on its own - the sort of thing you'd feel if you ran a hundred yards for no good reason.

If goes away, as I say, instantly and on its own, and I'm not even...entirely convinced it's heart-related, because of course I don't feel it in the heart, I almost...and this is where I start to sound loopy...but I almost hear it, more than anything, as though listening to the pulse in my own neck...which is admittedly a line I never thought I'd write.

Today, incidentally, has been pretty good so far - walked the Trail this morning as per usual, and had my normal cereal breakfast on return. Lunch was again fairly mega - rice and home-made sweet and sour. Truly excellent stuff, and there's more available for dinner, though as yet, as we race foolhardily on to 7pm I haven't graced the bike seat with my arse, and am perhaps a little demented about the imapct of a bike-free double-dose of rice on tomorrow's result.

One fun thing is that Rebecca, my jet-setting journo star pal, has determined that she'd like to come walking of a morning with me, starting tomorrow...and then being put on a degree of hiatus while she goes to be brilliant in Greece for a bit. This deal was rather sealed and sold when she asked if I used music when I walked.
"Normally, yeah," I admitted.
"Cool...me too," she said, so tomorrow we'll be notionally "together" schlepping down the Trail, while actually each being in our own musical world.

Assuming of course a rogue yawn doesn't kill me in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment