Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Next! Compulsion

Sooooo...cool.
Rebecca texted to cancel this morning and I bogged off down the Trail on my own as has become usual and groovy. Got back, weighed in:
16st 2 pounds.

Two pounds, dammit - that's a week's hard work to the borderline, after which it's 15 city! I feel kinda like "Alright, what's next, let's put this week on fast forward baby, and get there!"

Should mention, didn't have the rice last night after all - had a salad instead. Clearly the power of mystic weightloss sorcery is in all this green, healthy shit. Any idea how generally fucked-up that is? The best food for you in the world if you wanna lose weight is, generally, the kind of stuff that makes you not want to eat anything at all...

Which is not to impugn the salad I had last night. There's just a time - or rather a temperatute - and a place for salads, and given that the weather right now clearly doesn't know what the Hell it wants to do, days can start off saladacious and end up stewy, or vice versa.So it's impossible to plan.

The rest of today has been dominated by fiddly bits of work - had a 45 minute skype meeting which left me grinding my teeth, did a pile of work, went to the wake of June, our family friend who, last time you heard of her, was in a hospice. Now it's 6.25, and d's out buying supportive undergarments with - and more importantly, it should be stressed, for a friend. I'm about to jump on the bike, because...well hell, because I can, essentially. The To Do list is still pretty hectic, the tachy-yawn thing is still happening, but nowhere near as often (I begin to ponder the wisdom of my Starbucks days - OK it's de-caff, but still...it's about five large ones a day...), and this weekend promises to be interesting - apparently my brother's coming over to collect what can colloquially be thought of as "A Whole Bunch Of Stuff" from Ma's house...and I probably won't get to see him, cos I'm away on Saturday in Brimingham with the Choir. Don't get back till some insane time in the morning, and then back to Choir practice Sunday night, to get up Monday morning for an UberCommute. Just...ouch...

So this is me, wanting to put the week on fast forward, and thinking about it, from Saturday, that's probably how it will feel. Good result this week...Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment