Thursday 30 May 2013

The Being Alive High

"Think I'm all sort of focussed again at the moment, like when I was taking the steroids," I explained to my friend Sian.

"What the hell are you taking now?" she asked, not unreasonably.

"Buggerall. Just seem to be upbeat and focused on being alive and getting stuff done," I said. Her texted reply had skeptical eyebrows.

"No, really," I said. "Just pushing on with stuff, you know?"

"Push on with this then - get to 15st 11 by Tuesday."

I laughed.

No pressure, then. Bottom line, I'm not aiming for her target. I'll be what I'll be, but I'm beginning to do the work - walked the Trail this morning, got to the gym for some arm and back work this afternoon, biked this evening. Am hoping to stay up late tonight and finish a really rather cool edit, so as not to have to dedicate any thought to it on Saturday...so I can dedicate enough thought to trying to remember words in at least a couple of languages which I don't have any pretensions to speak.

But yes, am happy and bouncy and reasonably clear-headed about the world at the moment. So on we go - 15st 11? (Shrugs). Maybe. 15s is all I'm actually aiming for...

No comments:

Post a Comment