Sunday 26 May 2013

The HumungoLunch

This morning was exciting - d said she might come down at least part of the Trail with me. Then she determined what she'd need in order to actually go down the Trail - water, pain pills, rucksack, Bearly...and it turned out that by the time we got halfway down the Trail and had breakfast, she'd be late for an outing with our friend Brenda (that's Merthyr Brenda, not London Brenda)...so we stopped into McDonalds for breakfast instead. Then she went off to meet Brenda and I legged it down the Trail after all...with Bearly...in a rucksack...

Came home, got on with work. Then had what can only be described as a humungoLunch - two piees of fish, a little mash, green beans, and, bizarrely enough, an arancini (Itlaian rice balls, to you!). This, it turned out, was to be the main meal of the day, as I had Choir and d had bingo this evening, so it was a case of "eat early, eat healthy, but eat big, so you don't crave through the night."

Can safely say that worked. Still feel insanely full, some six hours or so later, and after biking for an hour. It's funny...in a kind of demented paranoic way. Feeling this full used to be the norm. Now it make me fret and worry about my weigh-in. The thing is of course, she's right - as a main meal, two pieces of fish and some veg is all fine and dandy. It's just because I feel this full that the weigh-in...erm...weighs on me.

Sigh. Enough mentalness - extra day off tomorrow, more Trail, more biking, more healthy food, and then let Tuesday come and bash my brains in if it dares!

No comments:

Post a Comment