Monday 20 May 2013

The Gump Imperative



Right....so...
Didn't go spinning this morning. Determined that I wouldn't last night, although technically, I determined to do absolutely nothing last night, in a moment of feeling hurt and battered and exhausted and frankly full of a British Sunday dinner. Didn't put an alarm on or anything last night, and was quite prepared to wake up at 8.54, stumble out of my pit, scratch myself in all the necessary places and get into the office for 9.

So when I woke up naturally at 6.15, it came with a combination of opportunity and off-pissedness. I then could have gone to spin class, but something located in my ass-bones told me it would send me back to sleep instantly if I tried to pull that kind of crap.

Instead, as a halfway-house manouevre, I went to what has become learned instinct, strapped on my walking boots and buggered off down the Taff Trail.

All very fine and wuss-ass, but...
You know that moment in the Forrest Gump movie where he just decides to go running one morning, and then....decides to keep going...?
For some unknown reason, I got the sudden inexplicable urge to start running this morning...

Now of course, I'm a deeply unfit fat fuck, so I didn't entirely decide to keep going, but I certainly ran enough to get my heart up and dancing. Then went back to walking. Then, after a while, decided to run again. Annnnnnd then went back to walking. And so on.

This might be a new "thing"...we'll have to see if the urge strikes me the next time I go down the Trail, I suppose. Tomorrow really should be spinning. The thing, I suppose is that even in the pissing-down rain, walking - or even walk-running - down the Taff Trail is more enjoyable than a spin class by a truly quite staggering margin. So who knows? It's a bit of a roulette wheel at the moment. I'll let you know tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment