Wednesday 22 May 2013

The Arsebuncle



Today, the opportunity arose to spend the day not at home in my office, but at what is fast becoming my home from home – Starbucks, near Cardiff Central station. I grabbed the opportunity and throttled the bejeesus out of it. What this means in Disappearing terms is a) no walking down the Trail this morning, and b) no exercise of any other kind whatsoever. I have spent the day joyously growing arsebuncles, sitting on trains and in coffee shops, working, and enjoying my life to an almost ridiculous degree for a day of work.

I’m writing this while doing some moderately high-level sitting - on a train back to Merthyr, where, perhaps perversely given the day, I’m meeting Ma for a nice sit down and a cup of coffee before she goes off to finish packing (she’s off to Ireland in the morning to visit my brother, sister-in-law and their two children – one of whom is new), and I go off to Choir…to sit on my arse some more, while attempting to be musical out of what I’m assured is the other end.

So in Disappearing terms, and entirely null day. But – having done all this work should mean that from tomorrow till Tuesday, I can carve out more time for proper exercise, and actually focus some time in my days on the unsubtle art of Disappearing. Here’s to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment