Thursday 9 May 2013

The Dawdle Blimp

Sigh...
Did my walk this morning in the rain, accompanied by the somewhat maudlin tunes of Fiona Apple - a singer I was introduced to in journo school by my pal Mary. The rest of the day...you remember yesterday I said there was no reason not to bike? Turns out I can find reasons, given the slightest encouragement...like a day job and a company.

It turned out to be about 7.45 this evening by the time I finally got my ass on the bike, feeling like the lesser spotted dawdle blimp - a creature composed entirely of blubber and excuses. But on the other hand,when I got off the bike, I felt, if not exactly virtuous, then at least grimly determined to get back into a better routine. Having three days off the biking has effectively dented my vigor, and that can't be allowed to go on. One day at a time, sweet reader, and on we go. At the very least, I burst the dawdle blimp this evening. Should be easier to push through to renewed energy tomorrow now...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment