Thursday 2 May 2013

The Madras Moment

Today saw the end of my time on steroids. l went down the Trail this morning and kinda became a space cadet - I was making plans for benevolent world domination...that was weird.

Had my first day without salad this week. Had a meatball sub for lunch (no breakfast today), fruit throughout the afternoon, did 500 calories of biking and then went out to meet my pal Karen for dinner. We pondered the delights of the salad option...then went for curries instead!

Now fortunately, the place we went to caters for neurotic calorifically obsessive fuckwits. A Beef Madras was 300-odd calories, which seemed insane. The club salad was listed at 650...
"Hon, look at the disclaimer," said Karen.

With rice, naan and poppadoms (add 650 calories) it said.

Ahhh.
I'd ordered it by then. Tried to be as good a Disappearing Man as possible - had the curry and rice, but left the naan and poppadoms...and drank only water and juice as we went from pub to pub, experiencing the joy of Merthyr nightlife on a Thursday night. Sigh...always hated human beings as a teenager when we used to do this. Annnnnd still.

I think...probably...overall, I'm OK on the day, but I really should get back to standard exercise and eating discipline tomorrow.
Should do more work at this point, but frankly...nnnnnotsomuch. Up early tomorrow for the first post-steroid day, and down the Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment