Friday 10 May 2013

The Gaining Streak

You know gamblers tend to believe they're either on a losing streak or a winning streak? How come a winning streak is never regarded as a "gaining streak" - it would seem the logical antonymical phrase to a losing streak, wouldn't it?

Anyhow - this week, I think if anything, I'm on a gaining streak. Managed to crank out some biking yesterday, but today, even though I technically had plenty of time to add some into the day, I squandered that time doing productive things - the office is now pretty much finished - and have reached nearly 7 o'clock without having done a scrap of exercise beyond my morning 5.5 mile walk.

What's more, I had a relatively heavy lunch - a sausage and scrambled egg baguette - which is rather more bread than I was hoping to amass today, even when I planned to bike

What is probably eeeeeven more, my old school friend, Philip, is over from New Zealand for a fortnight, and tonight we're meeting up...at the Qmin, the local Indian restaurant. So again there's the Indian dilemma, and I shall solve it probably in the same manner I adopted the last time I was faced with the prospect of lots of gorgeous food: go protein-rich, and light on the rice, with absolutely none of the delicious Indian flatbreads that cry out to every fibre of my carbolicious soul...

Sigh...

Still, it's Friday night. The day job is going swimmingly, the editing is going in a productive but stately fashion, and all is generally well...(it's entirely possible this illusion has its roots in the fact that today is also payday, incidentally). So on we go, to Indian protein and reunions with friends and consequences are for another day.

Tuesday, specifically...

No comments:

Post a Comment