Saturday 4 May 2013

The Springtime Allegation

The word on the streets is that it's (whisper this in case you frighten it...) Springtime.

I'm not entirely sure whether to buy in to to the rumour yet. It certainly wasn't Springtime at 4.45 this morning, when, with a perversity all its own, I woke up apparently convinced I'd just taken a long-haul flight - my body was doing the whole "jet lag" thing I was up and cogent and reasonably bouncy at that altogether silly time of day.

It also wasn't particularly Springlike at 7AM, when I did my usual 5.5 miles down the Taff Trail and back. In fact, it was positively drizzly and miserable and rather harder to enthuse about than on any day in recent history.

The rest of my day has not been spent on the planet Earth, so I find it difficult to form an opinion of much that's been happening there, including the season. I'm editing a fantasy novel to a tight deadline, so my head has been full of dragons and unicorns and suchlike evolutionary miss-steps, rather than basking in what I am told has been rather a nice day. I've just done my hour of sweaty bike-work, and now am due for dinner and Who, and then back to the sword and sorcery shenanigans go I, till some as-yet-undisclosed point later in the night.

One thing I do know that happened on Earth today. d nearly fell down our stairs. She missed a footing, slid past the step her foot should have landed on, and jammed her thumbnail into the bannister, hard. Poor girl has cracked the nail down close to the bed. Looks like it'll be a good long while before that grows out.

On to tomorrow, and hopefully, completion of the work and no more injuries!

No comments:

Post a Comment