Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Sinatra Factor

Annnnd noooooow, the end is neeeeear, and I must faaaace, the final moments of being a lazy undisciplined git...

(Shrugs).

Forgive me, but I don't think Sinatra would have sold half so many records if My Way had started out like that.

Still, that's where I am. The night before it all begins again.

Strangely unrelieved and unprepared for the whole thing, really. Seems to be the way of this week - Christmas took me almost completely by surprise when - BAM - there it was. The New Year moment too - we were all up and about, chatting, grooving etc, then we looked up and Big Ben was giving it laldy and people were singing Auld Lang Syne and all that stuff and we were taken by surprise.

So with the resumption of Disappearing. Find myself going "What...already?"

Thing is, as has been noted, this simply has to happen now.

Had a nice moment last night - d and Ma were checking through some photos, and d came across the pictures we took when I started the Disappearing Man the first time. And the consensus was that I look nothing like I did back then. Which is true. But, as I pointed out, neither, in photos taken last night, did I look like my 15 or even 16 stone self. I'm definitely starting to get some jowls and additional chins back, which is severely irritating but of course inevitable.

So tomorrow - which I've taken as annual leave which stretches all the way through to the 8th of January...just cos I'm a git and can do that sort of thing...among other things that must be done, I'm going to a) go to the doctor's surgery to pick up some more blood testing strips, and start testing again, and b) go back to the leisure centre to pick up their new timetable of classes and events and what-have-you. As I'm off and, miraculously, don't have an ongoing edit any more either, I may well stick around and punish my body a little...

As ya do...

One other thing I should say about today. This is the first entry to come your way courtesy of my new, fairly kick-ass computer - 23 inch Toshiba all-in-one malarkey. Veeeeerrrry nice - though it appears on occasion to have been hanging around with Apple Macs and picked up some nasty habits. A swift kick in the CPU should sort it out though, and for the first time in a while, I'm not squinting to read this gibberish.

So here we go then...back to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment