Monday 14 January 2013

The Hammersmith Fall


Remember this week I mentioned that if I have a bad day, I’m not gonna whinge and moan and get psychotic about it and chastise myself endlessly? Just gonna get up in the morning  and get back on the bike?

Well, depending on your point of view, this might have been one of those days.

Had coffee for breakfast. Nothing for lunch, and a coffee for dinner…then kinda gave in to an urge. Have felt the call of Hammersmith all day long – Hammersmith, longer term readers will remember, being the location of the only remaining Cranberry store in London. Cranberry being a store I used to visit habitually – and I do mean habitually – for fruits and nuts. Went to Hammersmith tonight, got myself a bag of fruit and nuts, which included some honey cashews. 

So there. 

Bless me Father for I have sinned, and enjoyed it, and will get up in the morning and get on the freakin’ bike. Was planning of course to do some pre-work walking, but as the country dabbles with the idea of snow, I’m persuaded that possibly working up a sweat in my own bedroom (insert your own ever-so-witty comment here – I’ve been up for 17 hours and can’t manage it. Shurrup, I’m told it happens to all men occasionally) is the way to go.

(Dribbles aimlessly into keyboard)…SO out of practice at this UberCommute business…

No comments:

Post a Comment