Thursday 24 January 2013

The Lower Half Celebration

Headline today: the Weigh-in revealed me as 17st 5.5
That'll do - 2.5 pounds this week, despite not biking for a couple of days. Solid progress.

This puts me of course into the "lower half" of the stone, which is a gear change of pleasing clunkiness. Although technically last week at 17st 8, I'd lost a half-stone, woohoo, I was still at that point in the upper half of the stone (a stone, for those who need a reminder is 14 pounds, so 0-7 pounds is the lower half anything from 7.01 to 13.9 is the upper half).

So - awoohoo - steady progress will mean three weeks from now I'll be back into the 16 zone...just two zones from where my first real target it! Of course it'll also mean I've lost a whole stone, whereas, at the moment, I've just lost 9.5 pounds, so there's clearly an element of not counting chickens before they've been pounded out, coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried, but still, considering the lack of killing myself that's gone into this time round so far, I'm happy. If I can sneak a whole first stone at this pace, then by the time I hit my first proper plateau, I'll be in a much better place to crank things up a notch or two.

And so, on we go into the day. Got on the bike this morning for the first time in a couple of days. Felt pretty good, but due to an overdose of what can only be described as faffing, only did a half hour before having to start work. The day's looking good though, so hopefully will do more later.

Fun fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment