Thursday 31 January 2013

The Disappointment Index

OK, so the headline today is:
Weigh-in:
17 stone 7.25.

Yes, that's going in the wrong direction - I've put on a pound and three quarters.
But these things all depend, I've found, n the way you look at them. You can look at that and go into a funk about it, overcompensate, exercise like a demon and hurt yourself...Or you can nod, and understand, and commit to more work, harder work, and push on forward. Your own attitude actually dictates the measure of the Disappointment Index against you interpret bad news.

Today I choose to nod and understand and push forward, making time for exercise, perhaps more often in each day - an hour before work, perhaps, and an hour afterward.

This kind of determination is not really helped by the otherwise good news of a flurry of business for my Jefferson Franklin Editing business. More work, more dealines, more sitting on my arse staring at a computer screen. But at least let me start off with the optimistic delusion that I'll do more exercise from here on, so that when it fails to materialise, it at least registers on the Disappointment Index, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment