Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Crystalline Blanket

OK...bored of this snow now. This is Wales, for god's sake, winter's supposed to be wet, not white.
Another day of crushing deadlines, another day when it was impossible for d to get to work, another day of feeling a little crappy about having to pay attention to the first of these realities over the second.

Haven't eaten a humungous amount today, but a solid amount...and no, I never did carve out the time to bike. Both Ma and d have this week said I look thinner, but to be honest, I feel huge. Maybe it's a guilt thing, I don't know, but the combination of snow stopping free travel and deadlines sucking time out of these thick white days makes it feel like hibernation time, makes me feel enrobed in layers of blubber. I also haven't sneaked a weigh in at any point since Thursday, so I feel a little at sea.
Today though, managed to verrrrry nearly kill a big deadline. So here's to the desperation of a day-before-the-weigh-in, to get a little back into the routine I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment