Saturday 26 January 2013

The Mexican Standoff

Went to Cardiff today with d, ostensibly to have Dim Sum - I'd spotted a restaurant there the last time I was in the city. What I hadn't spotted was that it didn't open till 5pm, so we quickly rearranged out plans.

Now then: A disclaimer. This whole "not eating fried foods" thing is all very well, but there's a general exclusion zone around every Mexican restaurant on the planet. This is because it's impossible to eat things in Mexican restaurants that haven't either been deep fried, smothered in cheese, dolloped in cream..or more often than not, all three. I think the air in a Mexican restaurant has to be deep freid and slathered in cheese before the customers are allowed to breathe it.

So - we went Mexican, and I had a cheesy...bake, thing, and enchiladas - technically baked, so nehh...but admittedly, covered in cheese and sour cream.

I'm determinedly not doing the "self-flagellation" thing right now. Life's too short to beat yourself up, and much more fun if you get someone else to do it (calling out to my S&M homies there...respec'!)

Tonight, we're out for dinner again (out last night with pals Lou and Mark, out today just the two of us, out again tonight with Ma and my aunt, oh when will this neverending social whirl end?!)

"No fried food" injunction back in place, and biking when we get in. Hence the talking to you lot early in the day - gotta fit what you can in where you can.

And on - to dinner, and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment