Friday 14 June 2013

The Support Garment

K, something needs to be done now.

I tiptoedpast the fish and chips incident with no damage as far as I know, but it's now been three whole days since I did ANY exercise whatsoever, and if I don't get my head out of my ass, it's gonna take its toll come Tuesday.

Saying which, I'm not doing any walking tomorrow either - heading to Cardiff with a laptop. d's getting various things done to her head and hands in preparation for the wedding of some friends of ours, which I genuinely thought was next week...but apparently is the week after. The explanation for this is terrifyingly straightforward: I'm a numpty.

Tonight, we met up with Ma and had dinner at the Dragonfly - a local pub-meal place which has recently crawled out of its health and hygeine grave and regained a 3 plate rating...meaning, I gather, one is no longer likely to keel over with agressive botulism when one eats there.

I had a chicken burger and new potatoes, and some garlic mushrooms. Hardly enormo-sins, but still, a big hefty meal, which has left me feeling full and bloated.

On the way home, we popped in to Aldi (for some reason, eating at the Dragonfly always makes d want to buy a plant, and almost equally regularly makes me not want to carry one home).

"Oh look honey," said d as we cruised the aisles of commercial carnage. "A control...vest..."
"A what-now?" I said, picking at a couple of DVDs.
"A vest for your...erm...muffin-top..." she explained.
"My what?" I said...

Turns out, I have a muffin-top now. Apparently, they're not cool.
This is one of the most peculiar things about this process...I appear to be Disappearing in an entirely different fashion this time round. I mean, granted, there's a stone and a bit to go before I get back to where I was at my Disappearingest, but nobody mentioned anything about a muffin-top the first time round. Also fairly sure my man-breasts went down further the first time...as indeed did my chins...

As I've mentioned before, probably time to add some disciplined exercise-work and gymming to my walking and biking (such as they are at the moment!), to help target the Disappearing and build muscle.

Now...all I have to do is...well, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment