Wednesday 26 June 2013

Last Night In The Valley Of The Blues

Went down the Trail this morning. Clearly, Spring has fianlly properly sprung, because it finally, properly sprung into my sinuses. Eyes streaming, red, and itching. Nose sneezing and tender, throat raw and sandpapered. Spring has clearly strapped on its jackboots.

The rest of the day has been deadlinetastic. I have an edit due on Saturday and - being something of an idiot about these things - I'd forgotten that come Friday we're off to Liverpool for three days, to the wedding of two friends of mine (now ours) from two jobs ago, when d and I were still electronically courting at three and a half thousand miles' distance.

So really speaking, I have about 260 pages to do by the end of tomorrow, with eyes that are barely fit for purpose. Humph.

The thing that's noteworthy about the day from a Disappearing standpoint though is that today, I took my final Xenical.

I've been eking them out for weeks now, as of course at my last Diabetic check, I'd put on a couple of stone since the one in 2012, and they don't let you have the pills if you haven't demonstrated a certain percentage of your bodyweight as a loss. So I haven't had any new pills for months. And today, at breakfast time, I took my last little blue pill.

I was still working when d came home, so I went down to the hall to chat with her.
"Yeah, not a bad day," I said, "I-"

At which point, I felt myself moving back up the stairs. I was having a Camden Town moment. For those of you unfamiliar with what Xenical, as a medication, is cutom-built to do, check out the Camden Town link just above.

Yet the record sufficiently show that there was a need to do laundry, and that these little blue pills of orange fluxing evil left my life with at least a parting gift as noxious as their entry had been, or any of their subsequent effects.

Farewell, you little blue pellets of evil. Life's gonna be easier without you.

Disappearing, on the other hand, will probably be significantly harder...

No comments:

Post a Comment