Sunday 16 June 2013

The Monacco Factor

What's to tell you about today?
I intended to go down the Trail this morning, but didn't. Intended to bike this afternoon...but didn't. I did jump back on the bike last night, and pedalled my ass off, due to a moment of d's brilliance. She'd been inspired by our pal Lou to pick up a Thing - some box of convoluted tricks that basically beams your satellite  picture to another TV in the house. So suddenly, I had satellite TV to watch while I biked.

Now normally of course, I'm used to biking to music. But in recent weeks, when I bike, I've been tuning in to a selection of stand-up comedy DVDs. And I'm here to tell you, that's a really bad idea. Cos between the comedic pauses and the laughing, I could usually only burn about 400 calories per hour to comedy.

Last night - Top Gear.
For those who don't know, Top Gear is a comedy car show where three...well, idiots, essentially, who are obsessed with cars, so stupid shit all around the world, to prove...as it happens...not very much at all. It's the equivalent of stupidity syrup, and its great for numbing the brain. I have quite a few episodes on our planner, because with one thing and another, I haven't had the spare time to watch any for weeks. So last night, I sat, and pedalled my ass off, as the idiots got caught up in the Monacco Grand Prix.

Have to say, watching a driver's-point-of-view report of the Monacco Grand Prix while pedalling your ass off is very inspiring - it's like you're in the Grand Prix, in a Flintstones car. And it helped me burn over 600 calories in the hour.

Still behind schedule with exercise and discipline. Still expecting to be up on last week come Tuesday - possibly even back into the 16s. Still intend tomorrow to get back to doing the Trail in the morning and the bike and re-establish myself on this path. Time to put my foot down, get my engine revving and my fuel well and truly burning. It's race time, baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment