Sunday 9 June 2013

The Latino Layabout

Good night last night, and I stayed up a little when I got home to push on with an edit.
As a result, woke up late this morning, and feeling the need to push on even further, did precisely that, rather than going down the Trail. Intended, of course, to jump on a bike at some point this afternoon, but a collison of day-job and editing deadlines have rather blown that out of the water.

On the other hand, it's not like I've been mainlining cream horns today. Had a reasonable brunch - two pieces of toasted bread made into a chicken sandwich. Have had quite a lot of fruit today, to be fair - two apples, three satsumas and a handful of grapes. And then tonight, dinner was a simply fantastic Mexican...concoction of d's. I'm reliably informed it was picadillo...minced beef with spice, apple, raisins, almonds etc, with corn and rice, on two corn tortillas, toasted.

Phe-freakin'-nomenal...one of the Top 6 things d's ever cooked that I've eaten...and as regular readers will know, that's reeeeallly saying something, cos my girl has mad skills in the kitchen.

So today I've done precisely buggerall in terms of Disappearing, and eaten a chicken sandwich and a plateful of Mexican manna. And have only managed 70 pages of editing, rather than the hundred I was hoping for too. Must do better tomorrow to deliver on deadline.

It occurs to me of course that I should treat each Tuesday's weigh-in as a deadline - then I might take them with the requisite degree of seriousness and dedicate more focused time to getting them achieved. Hmm...possible thought going forward. For now though, to Choir and the Bandit's Chorus...Arriba!

No comments:

Post a Comment