Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Houdini Moment

There comes a point when you're doing two jobs, and a third as voluntary work, when things simply cannot give any further.

That point would seem to be now.

Today I've got demands on my time from the day job, the Choir, the editing work and a new commitment, as part of being a householder. At least a couple of these require me to be in two places at the same time. The tricky part of which is that if I'm at either of them at the appointed time, the editing deadline may well slip and falter...or require an all-nighter.

What I need, really, is a bloke who has the misfortune to look like me, that I can dress up in some of my spare clothes, and send off to do some of the less tricky bits. In fact, come to that, two such blokes would be ideal today - then I could pull off the Houdini moment, stun the crowds, and make them wonder how I possibly managed to do it all...

Hmm...

Wonder how much a rapid-grown human clone costs these days...

Anyhow, none of this stopped me from schlepping down the Trail this morning in the dismal drizzle that seems like the payment for a handful of really lovely days this last week.

Came back, weighed in:

15st 12.25 - so, rather against the odds of an exercise-limited week, down a pound and three-quarters. Will be interesting to see what happens next week, WITHOUT an UberCommute the day before the weigh-in. Another fairly deranged deadline week coming up, so must still try and carve out some biking time.  But at least we're firmly within the realm of the 15s now. A solid 5.25 pounds before the next milestone though, so - working trousers on, and away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment