Friday 7 June 2013

The Abyssal Brink

Ever seen a duck paddle upstream against the flow of an approaching waterfall...?

Watch and learn, people, watch and learn...

Was out for payday dinner with d tonight, when she filled in a couple of blank spots about the upcoming week for me.

Tomorrow, Starbucks working then something like 7.5 hours of Choir - practice and performance - at St David's Hall in Cardiff.
Sunday - mainly working, but Choir in the evening - 2 hours.
Monday - UberCommute, basically working from 06.38-23.30. Big wall of work, including a day-job deadline.
Tuesday - weigh-in, where I'm fairly resigned to the fact I will have flopped back over the 16st borderline - Rats and curses - I'l get you back, 15, you see if I don't! Tuesday night, out most of the evening at a meeting for owners of flats in my block.
Wednesday - deadline for one edit on which I'm currently working. Start of another with a one-week turnaround. Chor in the evening - 2 hours.
Thursday - work and then out in the evening to view a movie presentation of a live theatre show: Helen Mirren in The Audience.
Friday - how the Hell did we get here again? Wasn't it just Friday??

As I cunningly dropped in there - you may have missed it, it was subtle - I don't any longer expect to still be in the 15s on Tuesday. There's just too little time in this schedule to make it plausible. But today I did at least knuckle down a little - walked the Trail this morning, did about 45 minutes of biking - actually only ate half my lunch. Fairly heavy payday dinner though - chicken burger and jacket potato. We'll see...

Tomorrow, as I say - working at Starbucks and then singing. Hopefully doing a better job than I did last week (rather let the Choir down, truth be told). Tomorrow, there will be focus. No exercise, but focus, dammit...

No comments:

Post a Comment