Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Continuance Question

Weigh-in this morning showed a complete lack of movement either way - 15st 12.25. Happy with that in a week that has included fish and chips, cannoli and a very hit-and-miss exercise regime.

Which hit-and-misness was continued tonight as plans to bike evaporated under the strain of a one-week deadline, due to hit tomorrow. Also, tonight, had a Chinese takeaway. It was delicious, and I enjoyed it, and I'm still not properly off the wagon. Tomorrow, on we go.

Saw a thing on Facebook earlier - one of those funny poster things that tell the truth - and had to share it. Simply said "I do not want to know about your diet, OK?"

That seemed appropriate. Raised a question in my head, which is this:

Is anyone actually still interested in all this? When I started the blog, it was necessary to me, and it helped me get a kind of self-honesty and a sense of discipline, that helped me make initial progress. Now, if I'm honest, I don't feel like I need it to keep me on the straight and narrow. Now, like most things in my life, it's become a habit. I don't promote it as serious bloggers do, and very many days, I know it's much of a muchness these days - Trail, food, bike or excuses not to bike, on we go...

So I guess the question is whether anyone out there's still gtting a kick out of the thing, or should I let the Disappearing Man...Disappear, or at least become a more occasional blog, checking in when there's ACTUALLY something interesting or funny to say?

What do you think, O my increasingly small band of readers...most of whom know me in some capacity anyway...To blog or not to blog. That, it would seem, is the continuance question...

No comments:

Post a Comment