Thursday 29 November 2012

The Kilworth Infatuation

That's it. We're not coming back.

Like...ever.

Arrived at Kilworth House in Leicestershire at lunchtime, annnnd I'm simply not leaving. It's glorious in a way that goes beyond comfort, and beyond ostentation. It's beautiful in a highly practical manner...and then it has some extra beautiful dumped on top just for swank.

I'm writing this in the Kipling Suite (stoking one's literary pretensions, anyone?), with a four poster bed in the other room, and more space than the whole downstairs of our maisonette. Had a great time with Wendy and Maria and friends, then went down to the magnificent Orangery (a real one, apparently, originally developed for the Lord Sheriff of Leicestershire) for dinner. Had dessert - a knickerbocker glory of some style, yep, shoot me, I'm on my holidays - and three cans of cider. So, Disappearingly, a write-off, but this is what I mean by "once the speed-bump of the wedding's over, I'll get back to normal..."

Tomorrow, one of my best friends gets married to the woman of her dreams. Or, if you want to be prosaic about the whole thing...I'm going away now to digest a huge dinner...ready for more eating in just about seven hours' time.

Hard life, right enough...Hard recovery coming at the end of it all of course, but for now, arrivederci Disappearing World...

I'm so not leaving...you'll get my keycard when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands, ya hear me...!

No comments:

Post a Comment