Thursday 1 November 2012

Calm Fusion

As new beginnings go, this feels right.
Weighed in this morning - 17st 9.5. Bad of course, but not, oddly enough, as bad as yesterday, so I took it positively, despite the nearly-three pound increase on last Tuesday.

I was going to simply stay at home today, but d mentioned that really speaking, now, I could do anything.
"You could go to Cardiff, plonk yourself in a Starbucks, and write and edit all day," she explained.

I probably don't need to explain that my wife sometimes has brilliant flashes, do I?
I got up, I weighed, I went, I plonked, I drank de-caff all day and I edited my nuts off. I technically ate nothing, though the calorific value of a large de-caff skinny latte is around 120, so that's not to be sniffed at. But neither did I feel hungry. At all.

I feel...calm. Calm and energised. Not fizzy and energised and all over the place with rash declarations, just calm and focussed and stubborn as the guy who teaches mules for a living.

Today, NaNoWriMo began - national Novel Writing Month, in case I haven't wittered on about that enough already. And while technically I haven't written any of the 50,000 words one is supposed to writer during the course of November yet, choosing instead to focus on the edit for my client today, a lot of suitably fizzy creativity has been buzzing round my brain in regard to the book I want to write, beneath the surface.

I'd write it right now, in fact, except a) I'm talking to you, and b) I want to spend some time with my brilliant wife before I go off to the committee meeting for my choir at 7. Who knows? I may get started on my novel tonight. Certainly, scene 1 is written on the inside of my skull, so it should just be a case of transcription. Either way, I know it will get done in time. Just as I know the Disappearing II mindset has kicked in. I've wittered before about the stubborn-bastard mindset not actually being terribly flash, but instead being calm and quiet. Annnnnd this is it. So get out your little weightloss flags, cos from here on out...we're going down...


1 comment:

  1. Excellent. This is the post I've been waiting for! xx

    ReplyDelete