Saturday 17 November 2012

The Exhaustion Stick Paradox

Woke up today feeling exhausted. Had a lovely day with d...still feeling exhausted. Oddly enough, she's felt the same way. Some bugger's been hitting us with the exhaustion stick while we sleep, clearly. Words will be had with Bearly...

After dinner tonight, I dragged my ass up onto the bike.

After about fifteen minutes, d came upstairs.
"You need to stop now," she said.
At that precise moment, I was singing along to the theme from Gilligan's Island and pedalling with a degree of moroseness.
"Can't," I panted. "Just...done...a...hundred...calories..."
"Yeah...that's as maybe, but you're utterly miserable, and...it's spreading."
"Spreading?"
"Yeah. Don't know how else to put it honey, but your misery is running down the stairs and throttling me. Stop it. Stop it now."

I did. Dead loss in the exercise stakes today. Too much of a beating with the Exhaustion Stick. Of course, the paradox is that probably, approached with the right attitude, the biking would have given me more energy than anything else in the course of the day. But clearly, that didn't happen. Am outta here folks. Crawling back to bed...
...And snapping that goddamned stick...

No comments:

Post a Comment