Sunday 11 November 2012

Ramble Off

Blood was 6.6 this morning. Yes, I know - remember when I did that every day? Gonna try and get back to it, honest!

Today of course was Remembrance Day - or Veterans Day in the States. There's little funny to say about that, except that having gone to the trouble of buying a poppy badge - and making the lady on the stall have to break a ten pound note into coins to pay the single pound donation for it...Ahem...I forgot to wear it this evening when I ventured out into the world. That's sort of general remembrance, mixed with a whole dollop of highly specific forgetfulness.


I was meant to go Rambling today - there was an "Energetic" 9-mile ramble in particular that I was keen to go on. It fell somewhat by the wayside as this week progressed and a combination of crunchy deadlines and one tiny proto-blister that refuses to quit convinced me that on the whole, the day would be more productively spent at my desk than yomping up mountainsides with a bunch of aggressively healthy people.

I gave me this day, my daily bike though, so I haven't been entirely idle, though if you asked me on balance whether I'm doing as well this week as last, I'd probably say no.

Tomorrow should help in a lot of directions. Tomorrow, despite demands from left, right and centre, I am going to Cardiff to sit in Starbucks, to finish one edit, start another, and do some of my own writing. I'm also, therefore, going to have a relatively calorie-light day. Oh and I'm also, bizarrely enough, under orders from my choirmistress to buy a Santa hat, so...that'll be fun!

As I write this, d and I are already in bed at 9.42 - the demise of first Desperate Housewives and then Downton Abbey having thrown rather a wet blanket over our Sunday night entertainment schedule. But this is good - it means she can read an e-book she's been meaning to finish, and I can blether on to you lot and then get some proper writing done. It occurs to me...for a day on which I elected not to go Rambling, that I'm now, if not exactly rambling, then at least quietly bimbling into the electronic wall. So good night, gentle reader - and violent psychopathic one too, come to that. Tomorrow's another day, and another deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment