Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Sally Reaction

Weighed in today. I know, I know, but I did mention I was toying with it as part of the whole "Taking This Thing Seriously Again" stratagem. When I did so, I got one rather delicious response.

"Oh yes, yes, yes, YES!!!" said d.

I pulled my glasses halfway down my nose and peered at her over them.
"Are you...quite well, dear?"
She was on the opposite couch to me, doing a creditable impression of Meg Ryan.
She smiled at me in rather a blissful, well-that's-my-world-rocked sort of way, swallowed, and said
"You did so much more when you weighed in on Tuesdays..."

It took me a second to work out what the hell she was talking about - she didn't read the blog entry immediately after I'd written it, so I'd actively forgotten what I'd written.
"Oh!" I said. "Oh, that!"
"That," she agreed. "That's a great idea honey. Go on..."

So, inspired by what I can't help thinking of as her "Sally Reaction", I weighed in at 17st 6.75 - nearly three pounds lighter than Thursday.
Now of course, lovely as that would be, I do have slightly more intelligence than a chimp, and I realise that this is largely the result of having a very light day in London yesterday (largely as a result of not having time to do much, including breathing, that wasn't directly on my Stuff To Do List (not to self - put Breathing on next Stuff To Do List - the pretty colours are all very fine, but the black-outs are a bitch). That said, when I did eat, it was carb, in the form of quite a lot of rice, and it was late, which means, not to get gastrointestinal on your asses...as it were...it was still in my ststem when I weighed this morning.

No, this doesn't prove the miraculous, herculean effort I've been putting in since Thursday, but it does prove the morale-boosting benefits of a light Monday and a Tuesday weigh-in. I feel inspired to not do things. Not have a binge on chips and chocolate, for instance. Not give in to the choir of carbohydrates as I walk around a supermarket. Not make excuses to not exercise.

Here's to the resurrection of Tuesdays, and the power of Not...

No comments:

Post a Comment