Sunday 10 March 2013

The Chinese Exemption

Today pretty much went to pot. Forgot to test my blood before breakfast (a mouthful of gammon, couple of poached eggs, baked beans and some home fries). Simply had too much to do to spare any time for exercise, took Ma for lunch - the first place we tried was booked solid, the second was similarly packed. The third was closing two minutes after we phoned. The fourth place had a wait of 45 minutes, so we went to the fifth potential restaurant in the town. It was a Chinese buffet, and I had two platesworth of assorted carbs. Bar some fruit and yoghurt at Ma's afterward, that's it today. But it's odd - I had chips at the Chinese. Not many, admittedly, but some.
"This is about the only place left where you allow yourself those, isn't it?"
She's right. Something about the mass of assorted carbohydrates makes it seem altogether less of a leap to eat fried potatoes (though of course it should be noted, my embargo does not, in addition, appear to extend to home fries...).

I can of course only hope and not-pray that a day like today can be coped with by my otherwise generally facetious metabolism. Tomorrow, I'm taking Ma on the truncated Twyn walk, and Tuesday, am back in the gym with my uncle...And on we go, still hoping for unrealistic weight loss come Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment