Saturday 2 March 2013

The Quiet Revolution

So - got on the bike for the first time in weeks yesterday. Today, haven't eaten a great deal - but have kept the metabolism going throughout the day with low cal snacks. This is not some grand "Right, must lose a stone this week" plan. It's more a kind of "Ahem...point of order, metabolism..." plan.

In fact, apart from dinner (spicy pork stew over noodles), probably I've had more calories as coffee today than in any other form. Had birthday coffee with Ma first thing, then went to meet my mate Lee at Costas for two buckets of pointlessness and a good solid catch-up.

Strapped my walking boots on to do all this - talk about good intentions - but by the time I'd drunk that much coffee, there was a certain degree of urgency about getting back home. Let's see whether the quiet revolution can continue and - probably more to the point - whether I can make it count come Thursday's weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment