Monday 4 March 2013

The Foothill Feeling

Went for retinopathy screening today. It's actually amazing to me how comfortably, and easily lying comes to me these days.
"So your diabetes, it's under control at the moment, the pills?"
"Oh yes," I said, casually. It should be clear from the fact that I haven't posted a blood reading in  the longest time that I have no idea how my diabetes is progressing in its interminable, rancid course to ultimately destroy "me". I shrugged, shoved my chin onto the rest, and got my eyeballs photographed.

Biked when I came home. d's suggestion - I couldn't work for an hour or so, as I couldn't make out letters even on my big screen. Had a fried breakfast at ASDA beforehand though, and a cereal lunch, and tonight a pasta meal, so there's been a fair amount of uphill against which to peddle today.

That's how this feels right about now. Like setting off on a long, long uphill bike ride, and being down among the foothills, with just a bike and the will to climb.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment