Wednesday 15 February 2012

Idle Mouths

Blood was 6.2 before calllibration this morning, and just 5.5 after it. Frankly, I no longer know what to think of the blood results, though if this post-callibration result is genuine, then it's plenty welcome. Hell, if the pre-callibration result is true, it's welcome enough after flirting with the borderlines of the safe zone yesterday.

Today was d's first day in work in Wales. Which of course meant it was also the first day since I've been here that I've been left entirely to my own devices.

They say the Devil makes work for idle hands. Clearly, he makes work for idle mouths, too - had breakfast, and lunch, and then around 2PM, felt the real need for what I'm tentatively calling "Lunch-2", and inbetween, there were endless cups of coffee, fruit snacks and handfuls of trail mix. Every time I got off my ass today, I seemed intent on filling it with something or other.

Of course, today was weird and aberrant - I had to stay in all day, as we were waiting for a delivery and a service call, so a) I couldn't make it to the gym for the lunchtime session that normally marks out a Wednesday, and I pretty much bullshitted myself throughout the day to avoid getting on the bike - "Oh well, if I have the music on, I might miss the door", and "Oh well, I don't want to be interrupted after just an hour, do I?" and the like: pure, unbridled bullshit, but there it is.

So by the time d came home from her first day, I'd eaten loads and done nothing. We put that to right with appalling alacrity though - a double header of aquacise and the gym have taken up the last two hours, and now, I hurt in unfamiliar places. Going to have a dinner I don't really deserve, and then, in all likelihood, snore. Tomorrow - swimming and biking and normal, oh my...

Probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment