Wednesday 22 February 2012

Busy Doing Sod-Buggerall

Blood was a practically perfect 5.5 today - smack in the centre of the safe zone, so a mini-wave of appreciation coming from me to my own corpuscles today (yes, I'm really that egotistical).

Had an interview booked in for work at 10AM, and an interview with my new bank booked in at 11. With those in mind, I did precisely sod-buggerall in terms of exercise. If I could be done with the bank by 1, there was always the chance of going on a pathways walk. So, got the work interview done (Colin McGregor, brother of Ewan and damned interesting dude in his own right, let me tellya), made it to the bank for 11...only to discover my interview with the bank was actually supposed to be at 10.

Bugger.

"Got anything else to do in town?" the teller asked. "I'll get him to call you when he's free." Him in this instance being the guy with whom I was due to meet an hour ago. I shrugged. "I'll go and have coffee across the road," I said.

I went and had coffee across the road...(You're glad you're still reading this, aren't you? It's not like I didn't tell you what kind of day it was, right there in the title!)

I stayed there for an hour and a half, phone on table, book in hand, and, as it happened, two fairly gorgeous de-caff lattes in my short-term future, one after the other. Lovely stuff. But now it was 12.30, and I really had to get back to work. I popped back into the bank to tell them I'd reschedule.
"Oh, he has been ringing you," said the teller, "but it's gone to voicemail all the time..."
I coughed a little, to dislodge the bullshit from my ears, and rearranged our appointment. An hour and a half of lunch pretty much put paid to my 'lunchtime' walking plans, so I came back home, and Got On With Stuff too dull to bother you with. I figured I might still get some biking in. Then Ma said she'd be down in a bit, and I remembered I still had some tiny domestic chores to make a big deal of doing (it's a guy thing). So did them, and had Ma round. Then I did something moderately peculiar.

I made my first ever YouTube video.

It's not up there yet - at this moment, it's been uploading for something in the region of six hours(!), and it's only six minutes long. It's also nothing to do with the Disappearing Man blog, but I wanted to take your mind - would any of you bother clicking on Youtube videos if, for instance, I did some of the better blogs as 'performance pieces'? Those of you who know me personally can probably hear my voice when you read the words any way, and those of you who don't have very little reason to give a toss (though I'm thankful when you do, obviously). Have never personally embraced the business of talking to yourself and putting it out there for the world to happily ignore, but hey - I just might...seriously, gimme your thoughts on this, they'll pretty much determine whether I bother.

Then, before I knew what was what, it was time to get over to the leisure centre for aquacising and gymming and pain and resentment and a protein-high meal and now, frankly, it's time to get off this machine (leaving a window open for the video to keep on churning its way to uploaded status), go have a coffee and snore.

Tomorrow's probably going ot be similar in terms of its busyness and its general avoidance of a great deal of exercise - my dad has a bodyscan tomorrow, and a lung function test on Friday, and I want to be there for both of them...I know what I said about getting the couple of pounds lost this week, but if I can attend both those tests, I'll happily sacrifice the exercise time and the result on Tuesday. Priorities and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment