Monday 27 February 2012

Happy Blogiversary

Occurs to me that I've allowed a blogiversary to go entirely unnoticed. it was on the 26th February 2011 that I first made a blog entry in this experiment. Rather weirdly, the next one was on 28th, and then the experiment began in earnest on 1st March. So yesterday was my first anniversary as a blogger, if not as The Disappearing Man. That blogiversary will be Thursday of this week.

It's been an up-and-downy sort of year, I think you'd agree. From fantasising about slaughtering TV chefs to being hit on by wannabe-Klingons in the Post Office, from leaving my mark on Camden Town to falling over plant pots and breaking a toe, from sniffing the Boobies of Doom to sniffing desserts at a posh dinner. To BWI (blogging while intoxicated) in Croatia to farewell dashes to the States to moving from London to the familiar territory of my home town, and inbetween it all, the relentless misery of self-denial and exercise, and the periodic explosions of joy that come from losing a semi-shitload of weight.

Something was brought home to me yesterday. Ma has spotted a suit she thinks I should get, and asked when it was that we picked up my Master suit, and what I weighed then. It was September last year, and I weighed 17 stone 4.75 pounds. That's (roughly) two stone heavier than I am now. On the one hand, put like that, it gives you a nice warm glow...and then on the other hand, you realise it took five months to achieve that. Five long-ass months. And of course seven months to do the previous three stone.

That's ridiculously long, hard bloody slogging. I'd be lying if I told you that a very large part of me didn't wanna throw its toys out of the pram at the prospect of doing all that alllllll over again for the next twelve months. But then one has to think of the goal, I guess - freedom from diabetes if life is lived within limits, a life lived longer, and freer, and fuller, and this year could give the whole kit and caboodle to me, cos I'm technically on the downhill slope at this point...

Sigh...

Final weigh-in of year one tomorrow. Oooh, the drama - will I reach the 5.5 stone mark? Will I see my first 14 stone reading? Or will it just be another of the Inbetween-Tuesdays, of which there are so many between landmarks on this journey? Tune in tomorrow, and let's see...

Blood, by the way, at Ugh o'clock this morning was 5.2. Again, I maintain it's too bleary and sleepy at that time to properly respond to the needle. I know I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment