Monday 20 February 2012

Back To Bastardville By Bus

Bing Bing ke Bing Bing ke Bing!
"Waaaaaaaaaugh!"
Thud!
Bing Bing ke Bing Bing ke Bing!
"Shurrup!"
Bing Bing ke Bing Bing ke Bing!
"No, seriously, you evil-minded little piece of techno-crap..."
Bing Bing ke Bing Bing ke Bing!
"Bastard fiddly-buttoned little fuck!
Bing Bing ke Bing Bing ke-
"Ahhh.... "

I sat there in the dark, having finally vanquished the 'evil-minded little piece of techno-crap' - It's a term I use so often, my phone has been known to come when it's called.
I rubbed my hip. The Thud! had been the noise of me hitting the floor, having had my system shocked by the audio equivalent of a few thousand volts at a time when it really didn't deserve that sort of treatment.
"Morning," said d sleepily, entirely unphased by my antics.
"Yessss," I hissed like a Spiderman super-villain. "Yessss, it is, isn't it? Just about..."
Seriously - this bus bullshit has got to stop. Trains - they're the way of the future. Come pay day...

Blood this morning was 4.9 - although, to be fair, I think my blood was pretty much still as deeply asleep as the rest of me, so it hadn't had a chance to think about saturating with sugar just yet.
The day in London has been, if I'm honest, just fine - got a shedload of proper work done, and got introduced to TV's Maggie Philbin (Proto-geek-crush for men of a certain age in the UK). She took my magazine away with her, to throw into the nearest trashcan when she was safely outside the building. No real exercise today except a little walking here and there - hardly enough to wake up my sleepy system. And no real writing done either, except on the inside of my skull, ready to be transcribed, possibly, on the long-ass bus ride home. But nevertheless a productive day of actual business. Back to the routine of gym visits and biking and sweating and weighing-in tomorrow. Oh, and possibly some news of a follow-up to yesterday's blog, if I can pull my finger out. But for now, this is me, still practically asleep, trudging back to another damn bus to burn away four or five more hours of my existence.

Hey ho - mustn't grumble. Compared to about 93% of people, my life pretty much kicks ass right now. Time to move to QuitchaBitchin, Missouri and get on home...

No comments:

Post a Comment