Wednesday 20 June 2012

Halo Polishing

Today, for the first time in a while, did everything I wanted to do in terms of Disappearing - biked away breakfast before work, walked at lunchtime - though not as far as I'd intended, due to staying home getting stuff done for the business. Went over to the gym after work and rowed my ass off.

Note to self - check that a) the resistance is set for a human being, not for Darth Vader with his special Sith mind powers, and b) you can actually reach the pulling bar, before you tighten the straps around your feet.

I had to do a kind of custardy, belly-flop, forward sit-up to get my fingertips to the bar. I scrabbled, I bent, I flailed - yep, actually flailed - and when I finally got hold of it, I nearly ruptured myself pulling it back. Seriously, my ass wobbled and I very nearly fell off the seat sideways and broke at least one leg.

Did a couple of thousand metres of rowing, then joined d in the pool for aquacise. That was...erm...fun. Significantly out of practice after a couple of weeks, but we did it.

So, aching and exhausted, we staggered out and fell into Frankie and Benny's for a huge-ass proteinfest. In my case, it was a genuine huge-ass proteinfest - enormous slab of rump steak, thankyouverymuch - take that psycho-vegans!

Amazing how self-righteously virtuous it's possible to feel after simply doing what you set out to do for the space of ONE DAY. We sat there, chowing down on protein, going "Yeah, we totally deserve this..."

And so we came home, with our haloes duly polished and our bellies full of protein, we came home. And late though it is, I'm about to go grab a bowl of frozen yoghurt. Yum.

And on we go - tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow - pushing forward, building on a shiny halo day to try and make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment