Thursday 14 June 2012

Epic Fail Vs The Long Game

There are two ways of looking at today. In one universe, it was an epic fail in Disappearing terms - there were notsomuch nuts as Ritz crackers, there was a largeish soup-and-bread lunch, and there was an Indian meal in the evening, with only a "pissing in the wind" amount of biking done in the morning, due to a crunchy magazine deadline. Hence the epic calorie-exercise-ratio fail.

In the other, Sliding Doorsy universe, it's Thursday - just two days after the last official weigh-in. I have till Tuesday. And let's not beat ourselves round the bush here, there will PROBABLY be a bounce-back from this Tuesday's result, because even though it was genuine and repeated, it was probably a result of my system going into exercise-shock as I restarted the process. So IF I can maintain Tuesday's result into next week, I'll be perfectly happy. If I can't, but I'm still in the 15s, I'll still be relatively happy. And either way, the long game recommends a loss of just two pounds per week. which, since I restarted the process would put me jusssst under the 16 stone mark this coming Tuesday. Anything in advance of that and frankly I'm still ahead of the game in my head. So let's not stress out and panic just yet, shall we? We have a lot of shit to do between now and Tuesday, and it's all about balance and yin and yang and kumbayah-my-lord, kumbayah and getting this shit done.
So an epic fail on a single day can still be part of a great success in the long game story of the week. That's the universe I'm choosing to live in right now - not least because it means I can sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment