Saturday 16 June 2012

Assbuncles and the Pleasure of Sweating

It was getting silly today. Another day when the main thing I had to get accomplished was sit at my computer, editing a piece of work (this time, more of a labour of love - my dad's written a book). Which was great (and actually a pretty good read, by the way). But the downside of what I do for a living, and for pleasure, is that it's all about sitting down for hours. That means every calorie you take in simply sits there, waiting to turn to fat and stick to your ass.

After dinner (Stew and dumplings - yum!), I was sitting, editing, when d gently asked...
"So - you gonna go do some biking, like you said you would?"
I sighed.
d put a little sing-song in her voice.
"If ya don't, you're gonna get big againnnn..."
I sighed. I've already grown big again, compared to the bizarrely positive result of last Tuesday. But I peeled my ass off the couch. I think I've grown about half a stone in pure assbuncles over these last three days of doing absolutely buggerall of any calorific consequence. So I traipsed upstairs, re-discovered the pleasure of sweating, burned about 600 calories and stole a whole 9 minutes off my intended burn-time (with such tiny, utterly irrelevant triumphs do you get to the end of a workout session without getting bored absolutely rigid and hoping to smash the bike to smithereens. Trust me, it's pathetic but it works...). Now I'm down, shutting off the computer and d and I are gonna have some "Us Time" - again, probably a movie night.

Tomorrow, it's Father's Day in the UK. I have a question to ask my dad, which...I'm fairly confident...most people who know me will laugh their asses off at. But if my dad says yes, that's not gonna matter even a little bit.

Annnnd on that cryptic little cliff-hanger, goodnight, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment