Monday 25 June 2012

Diss Con 7

Blood this morning - 5.4.

So - my new strategy paper covers the next seven days, with the real world factored in.

Today's plan was as follows:
7AM - 5 mile walk, up through Twyn, through Thomastown, up to the Goat Mill Road and down through Dowlais.
12.30PM - An hour in the gym, focussing on rowing and ab crunches.
6PM - an hour of biking at home.

Did all that. Had a calorie-counted lunch - 520 cals - and a simple cereal breakfast - roughly 450 calories. So by that logic, walked off breakfast and then some before breakfast. This evening I did the full hour on a high programme and biked off 625 - lunch and then some. Simply not counting the gym in the calorific arena because it wasn't particularly cardio-focussed, and so the calorie count wasn't high. Did 2500 metres of rowing and 50 ab crunches on my highest level, so happy enough with what I got accomplished, but hardly calorie-busting.

Since I had lunch out, I have to tell you, there was a moment of equivocation - choosing the three calorifically lightest, most fundamentally depressing options on the menu at my local Harvester restaurant - a bit of chicken, a baked potato and tap water to drink - and still having it amount to over 500 calories, I did have a long, scrutinising look at the Sundae menu...even the biggest and best and most chocolatey of them was only a couple of hundred extra calories.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, there are calories and Calories," I muttered to myself, crunching the ice in my glass of tapwater.

Had one apple and one peach as metabolism-boosters throughout the day, and numerous cups of coffee.

This evening, had a meal of two big-ass pork chops, a sweet potato and a mix of onion and apple. Not sure what to count that as, but  given that it has my whole day's calorie-allowance to offset, I'm not hugely worried.

Today, it's important to note, I didn't do the ubercommute to London. Was at home, because tomorrow, I'm off to play with the RAF...

No, really. Part of the day-job - been invited up to Sennybridge to play with the...hmm...what do you call Squaddies with Planes? Anyhoo - been invited to go play with them, or at least watch them play, try not to laugh, try really, really hard not to blow anything up, and then go away and, if I really feel like, write something up about them.

So tomorrow's strategy is:
7.15 - Spin Class - yep, back to that old delight to the heart and soul...
6PM - an hour on the bike at home.

Wednesday, in case you're really using this as some kind of twisted weight-loss plan, is:
7AM - 5 mile walk, as today.
12.30 - 6 mile walk - possibly with Ma - down the Taff Trail and back.
5PM - an hour in the gym, focussing on rowing, ab crunches and upper body.
6PM - Aquacise (GP Referral).

Thursday is tricky. Am likely to be up at the folks' place for the majority of the day, so will do:
6PM: Aquacise
9PM: 30 minutes biking at home.

Friday:
7AM - 5 mile walk, as today.
12.30PM - an hour in the gym.
5PM - an hour in the gym.
6PM - an hour on the bike.

Saturday:
7AM - 10 mile walk down the Taff Trail and back...although as I write this it occurs to me I should check this  part of the strategy with d before writing it in stone and blisters.
6PM - an hour of biking at home.

Sunday: As Saturday.

Monday: As today.

Likewise, next Monday - and the Monday after- I'm not doing the ubercommute. For the next two weeks, it's Wednesday, for a committee meeting and an AGM.

I should say - I'm focussing not on tomorrow, but on a week tomorrow. Tomorrow, as far as I know, is a lost cause in terms of losing anything since last week. Indeed, it's probably a lost cause in term of the 15 stone arena. Hence the determination to follow this Diss Con strategy to push through results for next Tuesday.

Still, tomorrow is weigh-in day, before it becomes "Pratt about with the Flyboys" day. Fun, fun, fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment