Saturday 14 January 2012

Prepare the Urban Workout

Ok fine, so score one for the Old Biddy. Woke up at 7 this morning, felt an ache in my hips and thought "Sod it, she can have the lake to herself," then snored some more.

Blood was 4.6 this morning, despite having reduced by one pill and taken onboard some inadvisable late-night carbs last night. So - that seems to work - will continue with the reduced pillage and see what happens.

Did buggerall but work most of the day, and had a great night out with Lee and Rebecca. First time I've seen Rebecca since we came home, and it was pleasingly positive - she kept saying she could see the difference in me and yadda yadda yadda. Did I mention, my friends are fab?

Sadly, made the mistake of a 'mid-week weigh' this morning. Not good, not even remotely. And then we met up tonight for - guess what? - Chinese buffet. And tomorrow night we're out with Ma at one of the only Indian restaurants in this town. So the ahcnces of pulling off a weigh-day upset are looking fairly miniscule...

I know, I know, you've heard this all before and then something goes right. Might this time too, but am not counting on it. By the end of January though, goddammit it, I will have broken the five-stone barrier. This weekend is not about walking my ass off, it's about working my ass of - getting the office set up, and finding that freakin' power cord to the bike! My aim - which d, being the family realist, says is hopelessly ambitious - is to have the office habitable as an office by the end of Sunday. So - lots of toting, shifting, building, re-shifting, the occasional burst of alphabetising...just because...and the like.

Can we say: Urban Workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment