Saturday 14 January 2012

Perspectives

Bleurgh...
Feel physically ill at this point. Too...much...foooooooood.

Good food, don't get me wrong. Last night's Chinese, coupled with tonight's Indian, showed me there are great places to eat in this town (even if the service tonight was Victoria-Wood comical!). It's just that I'm not used to eating this much this regularly now, and I feel pretty much like the woman who's on my TV screen right now.

Which doesn't help when she's 'the world's fattest woman,' weighing in at over 74 stone, or more than half a tonne!

Must stop eating like this. Must stop soon! I can practically feel my colon begging for mercy!

Mind you, at the moment, my everything's begging for mercy, and so it d's. But that's because (fanfare please!) - we now have three bookcases built and in situ. We built two of them before going out to eat, and they went together quite quickly. The third one we built after a carb-heavy, sugar-heavy Indian meal (curse you, sweet peshwari naan!), and it was interesting to see the effect it had on us - our co-ordination was off, our ability to perform simple tasks was shot, the air was notsomuch blue as positively toxic, and the damn thing took us about two hours to screw and hammer together.

Clearly, the sugariness of the meal played a critical part in this - two diabetics, hopped up on sweetened coconut, is about the same as two healthy people on weed - mellow, giggly, staring into the middle distance for long periods, distracted, very thirsty etc etc...I guess the only difference is that at no stage in the procedutre did we feel the need to down tools and eat candy.

Also, it becomes screeeeamingly apparent that Tuesday's result is gonna be a bit of a shocker. May well have pushed myself back up to the 16 stone mark with this week of limited exercise and regular eating out. If so, y'know what, that's fine - that's the price you pay for the choices you make, I guess. But soon, dammit...soon, the fight-back begins in earnest.

I guess, when you think about it, it's all in the perspective you use, isn't it? Last time I weighed-in, I'd lost a total of 69 pounds or thereabouts. If you compare that to my pal Sian, who helped us move in here, and who's popping in tomorrow with our goddaughters (the last time we saw them was the memorable occasion in Camden Town), that's a bit more than half her body-weight! I told my pal Jake in Australia what I'd lost so far this week, and he yelped "Damn, man, that's as much as both my legs!" On the other hand, the woman on my TV screen apparently has buttocks that weigh about 120 each (amounting to roughly 240 pounds of pure ass).

So, I've either lost half a Sian, two Jake-legs or a quarter-ass of the fattest woman alive. Except of course, by the time Tuesday comes around, I probably won't have.

But I will have an office I can use, probably for the first time - Awoohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Loosing half a Sian could be dangerous to your health Mr F, especially if she finds out!

    ReplyDelete