Saturday 8 October 2011

Despatches From The Gibberish Kingdom

"What's that?"
It's not a line you necessarily want to hear when laying in bed with your wife, but fortunately, on this occasion I knew the answer.
"That would be my knee, dear"
d squeezed.
"Really?" she said. "You sure?"
"Yes dear," I mumbled. "I aced knee recognition in school. Specially when using my own..."
"Hmm..." said d. "OK..."

"So it's not your belly then?"
I blinked.
"No, really dear, it's my knee." I flexed it to prove I knew what I was talking about.
"OK...s'just your belly's not even these days...easy mistake to make..."
"Ah..."
I rolled onto my back and had a look.
"Ohhhh yeah," I said. "Huh...who'dathunkit...my left belly's significantly lower than my right belly..."
"Yeah," said d.
"That means that, when it happens, the first of my genitals I get to see without bending will be my left bollock..."
She considered this information.
"That's how NASA reacquired Apollo 13, isn't it?"
"Yeah, think I remember that...they had to line up the Moon with their left bollocks out the porthole window..."
"Well, two of them lined it up with their left bollocks...I think Jim Lovell lined it up with his knee..."
I rolled my eyes.
"Lovell would..."
I rolled over. "C'mere, let me squeeze your...knees, missus!" I grinned.
d hit me with a pillow.
"I have to pee," she said, while I chewed foam and feathers. And off she went, taking her knees out of my range.

This is what we called Waking Up this morning. Any questions about why I love this woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment