Thursday 27 October 2011

Back On the Road

Ahhhh...that feels good.

Up at 6 this morning, stumbling out into the dark by 6.45, walked five miles to Aldgate. Felt good, felt like me, felt like the way that things should be. Felt like no blisters, or broken toes, or trick ankles, or aching hips. Couldn't see a bloody thing of course, but that's October for you.

Of course it was only when I got to the office that d sent me a Ransom Note that rather highlighted the perils of getting up and about at Silly o'Clock -
"I have your phone," it said.
"You have my keys," it went on.
"Your move."

In my bleary state, I'd grabbed both sets of keys and no phone. Note to self - don't do that in future.

What it means of course is that I can't do any meaningful walking tonight - have to get my ass to a meet-up with d, so that my poor, still-lurgied girl can get in the house. On the upside of course, that means we should be home in plenty of time for me to do some proper biking tonight.

Tomorrow is another work-from-home day, and one on which I really have to push forward with a project with a Tuesday deadline. Hopefully though, I can also get some biking done. I'm wondering, sad as this is, whether d would baulk at me getting up at 6 again tomorrow, doing the walk I did this morning, and then coming back! Probably, I imagine - she's really not getting enough oxygen as it is at the moment, so sleep is at a premium...

Still, it's a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment