Tuesday 1 April 2014

The Painless Windows

Well - after the absolute agonies of preparing the house for devastation by window-replacement, the actual replacement of the windows was relatively painless. (see what I did there? Painless, paneless...I tell you, this is quality stuff. Clearly wasted on you lot, but still...)

The weigh-in too was painless - mainly because there wasn't one. Have a feeling I packed the Nazi Scales away in a dark, inaccessible cupboard and stacked a Yahtzee board and a dead pot plant on them. In any case, they were unreachable this morning, and remain unreachable tonight.

Big Indian meal tonight - loooovely. Came back and had what can only be described as 'the raging shits' pretty much immediately. No idea what's up with that, as I can usually hold my Indian. Humph.

Anyhow - off to glorious Greenwich in the morning. Less of an inherent trial than my last conference, though notably twice as long.

Chances are high that I'll have put on since last week, a rather ignominious end to March and beginning to April. But all we can do is persevere.
Persevere, persevere, persevere...

No comments:

Post a Comment