Saturday 26 April 2014

The Additional Nose

I appear to be growing a second nose.

That's the headline of today, basically. Been quite a chilled out kind of day - no gym this morning either, stayed in bed till about 8.30, being a shameless heathen (it's the best kind, trust me). When conscious, I tried to ring some people, as we came home last night to find that as part of the renovation of our apartment block, some friends of humanity had removed our satellite dish, meaning we have no TV - not even terrestrial. Turns out the people who did that don't work on Saturdays though. d went to get her hair cut, coloured and straightened. I brought coffee, and when she got done, some four hours later (she has a lot of hair, I don't know what to tell you), we went for toasties.
"Wow...that thing is really Rudolph-bright," she mentioned, gazing in a sort of hypnotised wonder at the humungopimple colonising my nose. It's one of those things that rather draws the eye, or indeed the attention if you happen to know someone has one.
"I know," I said, contemplating adopting a hump and a limp to go with it and collect my whole Notre Dame set.
This evening, got back on the bike and burned a gentle 500 calories on my relatively lollopy old friend of a bike, and now, having had homemade pizza of unparalleled quality, we're preparing to sit down and crack open one of our DVD collections. I daresay we'll turn out the lights, and I daresay d would still be able to read a book by the light of my new-growing nose.

Oh, some heads-up (noses down). I'm away in pigging Nottingham Monday and Tuesday (I've nothing against Nottingham - Nottingham actually manages to both rock and kick ass simultaneously. It's just a bloody long way from home), which means this week's weigh-in will actually be on Wednesday morning.

It also means of course that resumption of my unff o'clock gymming sessions probably won't in all realism begin again till Thursday (home London-late on Tuesday night - buggered if I'll have the ambition to get back in the gym Wednesday morning).

Right - enjoy your weekend, Disappearers. I'm gonna settle down for movie night with my wife and my brand new additional nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment