Wednesday 26 September 2012

Tidy!

Last night, a new reality TV show launched on MTV. MTV The Valleys shows a side of life riiiiiight here in the Welsh Delta, and, though I haven't seen it yet, I'm informed it's pretty much just about as disturbing as any of the other "reality" shows about seriously stupid young-ish people you can see these days.
Hoorah...just what we needed.

"Oh it was terrible," opined my pal Rebecca over lunch this afternoon. "They were morons, but with Welsh accents, saying 'Tidy!' all the time..."

Tidy, I should explain, is the Valleys' equivalent of the Californian Awesome, a universal word of positivity, that can be used for things at both the miniscule level of human endeavour - "Derr...got a couple of pork chops for a pound - Tidy!" to the vicissitudes of international politics - "Tharr'Obama seems a tidy fellah, fair play like..."

The only reason I bring this up today is a) because Rebecca mentioned it, and b) because while I planned to get on the bike this morning, I was stopped by the fact that my office was in a state significantly less than Tidy. Books, discs, papers etc were piled on every surface, including the bike seat. So inbetween big chunks of day job, that's what I've been doing today - making the office at least a little bit Tidy. Plenty of work left to do in there, but at least tomorrow I will actually be able to get on the bike, dammit! Not tonight now - am dashing this off before going to sing in the choir, where I won't be finished till 9: seems mighty selfish at that point to come home and dash upstairs for an hour of biking.

But tomorrow, dammit, I'll be biking Tidy!

1 comment:

  1. Tidy is one of those words that grates with me, in the Wenglish context. I am so glad we don't have Sky. But here we go with another set back for the normal valleys folk.

    ReplyDelete