Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Roller-Coaster of Reality

Today sort of started like a hangover, and has ended like a roller-coaster. Everything is now on track for tomorrow, when we bury my dad. Firmly on track, with all of us hog-tied into the front carriage, our eyes glued open by the oncoming wind of inevitability. 

Sigh...or, y'know, I could stop being a drama queen and just get on with things.
It's just felt like that kind of day - one thing after another, after another, and all of it taking us closer to the fundamental reality-shift where my dad's not here any more. In particular, we went to see dad at the funeral home, in his coffin, and followed him in his hearse to the church where he's staying overnight. As reality-shifts go, that was a pretty big one.

Still managed, in among all the last-minute arrangements, to go home for my weigh-in this morning.

Now, I know what I said about being back in the 16s this week, but the week has been radically unsuitable to losing weight. In fact, this morning's weigh-in showed me as:
17 stone 0.75 - so...technically, up half a pound.
Did I mention that next week, things start allll over again. No, really, they do. Properly this time....

Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment