Saturday 1 September 2012

BrokeToe MoonPain

Blood was 6.2 yesterday, and 5.8 this morning.

Tonight, there's a blue moon. And it's also the night of Neil Armstrong's memorial, which seems fitting.

About a year ago, d invited me out in the middle of an Amroth night "to see the moon" and I ended up falling over and breaking a toe.

Tonight, as midnight approached, we looked at each other.
"Sure, why not?" I said, and out we went.

Couldn't see the moon for love nor money, but as we wandered up, of all things, to the grocery store for a late night, we reminisced about everything that has changed in our lives since that time. It was on that Amroth visit that we first saw the flat we now live in. We've come a long way while that big toenail of mine has been growing and growing and finally falling off. I'm more than a little curious to remember what weight I was when the toe-breaking happened. Might even have been about where I am right now, which would kinda suck.

But the deadlines are kinda clearing, and for the next couple of days, I'll be able to get some proper biking done, to try and carve myself a psychological victory on Tuesday. Gotta get my ass in gear here, cos it seems to me the massive changes in our lives over the next year were driven by both of us, and some others too, focusing on what we wanted, and making it a reality. Seems like the way to fuck yourself over and drift to nowhere is to lose that kind of focus. Seems like I've been kinda drifting that way for a few months now. Thing is, my brain is right back in the right place. Just need to get the body back in gear.



No comments:

Post a Comment