Thursday 27 September 2012

Badmintony

Alright, so it's like this...there's still actually a smallish pile of books on the bike. I was going to get to them, but then a work thing sprang up and punched me in the face. Then my pal Rebecca texted with a reminder of something.

"Badminton. Tonight. 7 o'clock?"
"Cool," I replied.

I haven't actually played badminton since the first time I did the Disappearing thing, when I went from about 15 stone to 10 stone 7. Then, it worked like a sweaty, running-around charm. I've been meaning to get back to it since we came back to Wales, but my first would-be partner pulled out with knackered knees. Now there's a small gang of us - Rebecca, Lee, Gary, Sarah...and me.

Ran around like a sweaty mess for an hour, swapping courts with indecent speed. Feel entirely virtuous now.but also like I need to throw up. I'm notsomuch out of practice as waving at practice via a satellite orbitting a star in the constellation of Pisces. Next time the gang does this is 7pm Sunday night - when I'll be back in choir, singing. Some time next week though, we'll be back on the court.

Somewhere in this flat, I own a badminton racket. Buggered if I know where it is though. Might have to pick up a new one this weekend...Fear me, for I am Badmintony, the Disappearing sweaty, nauseated mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment