Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Half-Pound Happy Dance



Allllrighty then. Who’s been stealing weight from me when I wasn’t looking?

I mean, thanks and everything, but you should have said something, I’d have baked a ca- Oh. Right. Gotcha.

Yep – the massively surprising weigh-in result this morning stands at: 17st 13.5. I have no real idea how that happened: a couple of days ago and wholly unofficial I was looking at 18st 4.

Coupled with a lovely sunny morning, this is the sort of thing that can make you feel oddly suntanned. Still got the lumpy feeling from yesterday at heart, but hey – focus on the positives, you ungrateful mad fuck.

The strange thing is it inspires me to actually try and keep my piecrust pledge of yesterday. Four walks, minimum, in the next seven days, biking for an hour every day. Let’s take advantage of the flab-thievery and paddle on down, away from the border. Onwards!

Addendum: the sunny day kept up its good work, so once I hit six o'clock, I walked down the Trail and did my six-miler (turns out I'd already done three miles of toing and froing today. Then came home and jumped on the bike An hour of pedalling only bought me about six miles, but it felt good both to hit the piecrust pledge and to clock up over 15 miles of self-powered travel today, meaning that coffees notwithstanding, I'm actually in calorific net deficit for the day - not that one can ignore the coffees of course, but still - a good feeling.

Laptop dying, and out the door again in less than nine hours for another Trail walk. Catch you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment